Subject: Re: sun4m SMP
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Hufnagel <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/20/2002 10:25:51
>>i am sorry to inform you that SM40 modules cannot do SMP..
>
>I did not know that... Be that as it may, the rest of the machine is
>certainly available, and I might have an SM-51-2 as well. If not, such >parts are easily acquired these days for not-a-lot of money.

would be nice... I have a Sparc10 w/ Quad Ross Hypersparc's
(dual 90's, dual..umm.. 110's?).  Last I knew Sparc SMP also had
problems detecting and properly using Hypersparc's.  I've got
Slowlaris 7 on it now.  In the next few months I might be able
to also aquire a Sparc20, SM51, and have another SM51 CPU handy
just waiting for it.

Maybe one of these days I'll get the chance to try SMP on it, and
lend a hand on the testing/debugging end of things.  Time...Time...
it always seems to boil down to time..  if only I didn't need to
sleep!  :-)