Subject: Re: problem with cross compiling x86 -> sparc
To: Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/07/2002 13:13:45
On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 12:48:31PM +0200, Ronald van der Pol wrote:
> I am trying to do a sparc build on x86.

I'm not sure why you try it the hard way.

Just get 1.6 (Beta/RC) source or -current source and run

  ./build.sh -m sparc -D /exp/sparc

in the top level directory (where /exp/sparc is the root of your sparc output
tree). You might want to look at the various build.sh options (-h displays
help) to tweek it for your needs, but the above should work. The command
I actually use for example is:

  ./build.sh -o -j 5 -m sparc -T /usr/tools -D /usr/exp/hosts/sparc

(on an i386 SMP machine with lots of memory, thats why -j is quite high)

Martin