Subject: offtopic but .....
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tresco <rardoe@rarcom.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/26/2002 14:56:32
Is it possible to make netbsd or linux or anything not solaris be a boot
server/install server for a Sun OS??

Basically I have a NetBSD based sparc 20 and I just grabbed the Solaris 9
cds and wanted to give it a shot.  THe ss20 has a 1gb disk in it that won't
hold sol 9.  So I went to swap the disk in the thing only to find that it
was friggin 80 pin.  So I took it out and put in a bigger disk, but had to
sacrifice the cdrom since my disk was 50 pin.  So now comes the question....

How do I install Solaris 9 over the network without another Sun-based box
around??  If I could mount the multiple volumes on the install cds then I
could do it, but I can't (or can't figure out how).....

Thank, sorry for the offtopicness.

Chris