Subject: Re: Sparc 1+ Question
To: Sparc List @ NetBSD.org <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: beaker <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/26/2002 18:41:34
> | No, it never gets to that point. To me its analogous to an i386 machine's
> | BIOS boot routine: 1st you see the video card BIOS info, keyboard check,
> | memory check, etc. Its seems stuck just prior to the 1 meg default memory
> | check. Perhaps I'll try swapping out the BIOS chip with another working
> | unit to see if that is the culprit.
>
> I presume you checked to make sure the keyboard is O.K.?
>
> Have you tried holding down L1-D during reset?

It never gets to the ">" or "ok" prompt so doing a reset isn't an option.
I tried powering off & on and holding down L1+A but it has no effect.
Below is whats displayed on screen when box is powered on:

---

SPARCstation 1+, Tye-4 Keyboard
ROM Rev. 1.3, 16 MB memory installed, Serial #16777215
Ethernet address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, Host ID: ffffffff.

[]

---

As you can see, the NVRAM battery is dead but that shouldn't keep things
from booting to at least the ">" prompt, right?

Beaker