Subject: Extremely long compilation time for form.cpp in qt3-tools
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf.steinbach@jena-optronik.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/26/2002 09:10:33
Hi,

I'm trying to compile pkgsrc/x11/qt3-tools on NetBSD 1.6BETA2
on my (admittedly not so well equipped) SPARCbook. For almost
a day (wall clock time) now, the compiler works on the
tools/designer/uic/form.cpp source file!

This is on the one hand caused by heavy paging activity
(top reports some 180MB size for cc1plus), but the CPU time
consumed by the process is more than three hours now.

Do others experience similar compilation time for this source
file? Could it be causes by a compiler bug (some endless loop
or so)? I am compiling with -mcpu=supersparc -O2.

Kind regards
    Ingolf
--

Ingolf Steinbach                       Jena-Optronik GmbH
ingolf.steinbach@jena-optronik.de       ++49 3641 200-147