Subject: Re: What to upgrade to?
To: Ben Cottrell <tamino@wolfhut.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/25/2002 10:52:02
At 19:58 Uhr -0700 24.6.2002, Ben Cottrell wrote:
>I'm tentatively leaning towards one of the 1.6 daily builds, since
>I see on current-users that it's almost into the RCs, but could be
>dissuaded if there are bad sparc-specific (or sparc 20 specific)
>issues.

I am running 1.6BETA1 on a sparcstation 10 (SM71) that is my primary
server. Apart from occasional lockups that went away when I purged
'softdep' from fstab, I am pretty happy with the setup, both stability- and
performance-wise.

Of course, the cautious way would be going with 1.5.3, since 1.6 comes with
a lot of new things.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign       "They that can give up essential liberty
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email          to obtain a little temporary safety