Subject: Re: Mozilla@sparc?
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/24/2002 16:52:02
[ On Monday, June 24, 2002 at 22:02:51 (+0200), Hauke Fath wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Mozilla@sparc?
>
> '11'.

I'm assuming you're using /bin/sh or /bin/ksh and that you got that
number with "echo $?"....

... in which case it might be an errno number: 11 == EDEADLK.

> >What happens if you start the browser only?
>
> ?? The browser is the default. I can start the mail client 'only', and it
> stays up. I can even start the Profile Manager, switch to offline mode, and
> the browser stays up. Then, I can switch back to online mode and surf
> (Apple, IBM, Netscape, even SAP) as long as I stay off of mozilla.org. Of
> all sites, that brings the lizard down.  =8|

Where's your home directory mounted?

Have you used Mozilla with the same profile on an i386 machine?  Have
you tried creating a fresh new profile on the sparc?

(I found that with 0.9.x I couldn't share profiles safely between sparc
and i386....)

> >> Ah, and the sparc equivalent of alt-gr didn't work either (X server on
> >> mac68k). No @{}[]...
> >
> >Does it work in any oter X11 application?
>
> Works in devel/ddd on the X server machine; works in XEmacs on the ss10.
> Does not work in Ethereal on the ss10. Does Mozilla use GTK? That might be
> a pattern...

I don't know about GTK being the cause, but the pattern fits that far anyway:

Information for mozilla-1.0:
[...]
gtk+>=1.2.8

Information for ethereal-0.9.4: