Subject: Re: Mozilla@sparc?
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/24/2002 22:02:51
At 11:36 Uhr -0400 24.6.2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>[ On Sunday, June 23, 2002 at 22:57:07 (+0200), Hauke Fath wrote: ]
>> On an SS10, I can start e.g. the mail client. But when the html browser
>> window comes up, it attempts to load the www.mozilla.org start page and
>> then dies quick and silently -- no core, no error message on the console.
>
>What's the exit code?

'11'.

>What happens if you start the browser only?

?? The browser is the default. I can start the mail client 'only', and it
stays up. I can even start the Profile Manager, switch to offline mode, and
the browser stays up. Then, I can switch back to online mode and surf
(Apple, IBM, Netscape, even SAP) as long as I stay off of mozilla.org. Of
all sites, that brings the lizard down.  =8|

>> Ah, and the sparc equivalent of alt-gr didn't work either (X server on
>> mac68k). No @{}[]...
>
>Does it work in any oter X11 application?

Works in devel/ddd on the X server machine; works in XEmacs on the ss10.
Does not work in Ethereal on the ss10. Does Mozilla use GTK? That might be
a pattern...

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign       "They that can give up essential liberty
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email          to obtain a little temporary safety