Subject: Re: could not use nell/wi with yesterday's -current
To: DP <dp@recycled.net>
From: Jed Davis <jldavis+netbsdlist@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/20/2002 14:39:15
"DP" <dp@recycled.net> writes:

> Haven't tried prior to that, but yesterday's build of 1.6A gave me this:
>
> nell0 at sbus0 slot 0 offset 0x0 level 4 (ipl 7) level 7 (ipl 13): rev 1
> pcmcia0 at nell0 socket 0
> wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01
> wi0:wi0: command timed out, cmd=0x0
> wi0: init failed
> could not get mac address, attach failed
> wi0: failed to attach controller
>
> config file has:
> # Currently enabling nell* with audioamd* causes panic at attach
> nell*   at sbus? slot ? offset ?                # PCMCIA bridge
> pcmcia* at nell?
> wi*    at pcmcia?
>
> Any thoughts?

According to http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2002/03/15/0005.html,
you need to add "options WI_AT_BIGENDIAN_BUS_HACK" to the kernel config
because of some endianism confusion on the nell's part.

Actually, I have a question of my own for the list: assuming this does
work on sparc32, is there any reason why it would break on sparc64?

--Jed

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- ## "But life wasn't yes-no, on-off.  Life was shades of gray,
sub f{(($n,$d,@_)=@_)?(substr(## and rainbows not in the order of the spectrum."