Subject: ssh NOT soo.......Slooooow Any more - thanks
To: NetBSD SPARC list <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Young, Julian <Julian.Young@nl.compuware.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/20/2002 16:19:55
First off thank to every one's sugestions  I an now getting a prompt in
around 20 - 30 seconds  as about 2 -3 mins.  Sho hear what i did;

	1: check and double chek DNS especialy reverse look ups  -  found
one fault :(
	2: move to blowfish
	3: install <plug> /pkgsrc/devel/cpuflags </plug>
      4: recompile install etc openssl and openssh.

I could have a go at the kernel next but this is goot enough for now.
blowfish was the big one but cpu flags certaily helped, dns did not seem to
make too much diferance, but then again it's effect may well have been
hidden  by the long encryption which i still had at the time.

once again thanks

"J"

--
Julian Young (Julian.young@nl.compuware.com)
Software Engineer  - Compuware Europe B.V.