Subject: Re: New life for Sun Ray 1s
To: PORT-SPARC <Port-SPARC@NetBSD.org>
From: Don Yuniskis <auryn@gci-net.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/17/2002 09:17:17
"Valeriy E. Ushakov" <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 08:05:00 -0700, Don Yuniskis wrote:
>
> > > 10 PCI Bus, Addresses 0xf000.000 - 0xf0ff.ffff (non-cacheable)
> > > 11 PCI Bus, Addresses 0xffff.000 - 0xffff.ffff (non-cahceable)
> >
> > Now *this* seems like the manufacturing back door.
> > Hopefully,  said bus comes to a connector for an "expansion card"?
>
> This is provided by flashprom at ebus.  E.g. in Krups the OFW is:
>   ebus0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0: Sun Microsystems PCIO Ebus2, revision
0x01
>   flashprom at ebus0 bar 10 offset 0x0 not configured
> where EBus BAR 10 is f000.0000

Grrrr.... sorry, my ignorance showing here... <:-(

I don't know what the inside of the machine *looks* like
so I end up thinking in terms of the Pea Sea world -- where
PCI conjurs images of expansion cards (though it is also
the basis of on-board interfaces as well).

So, I guess the "PCI flash" is "soldered down" when and
if it is present?  I.e. *not* intended as a "dedicated Flash
portion of the PCI address space which could be
used by an expansion card designed to exploit that
feature"?

Is the "Memory Data Bus" Flash *also* "on board"?
I.e. are there *any* buses that come out to connectors
for "expansion"?