Subject: Re: New life for Sun Ray 1s
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Don Yuniskis <auryn@gci-net.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/17/2002 07:11:03
> just opened one: there are ~12 chips w/o heatsink, 6 w/ heatsink and
> some 5 small chips.
>
> form the 12 "headless" there are 2 groups of 4 the first group labeled:
>      9942        1-1
>      MT 4LCIMI6E5
>      TG        -5V
> which I think is the RAM

"Micron Technology" ("MT").... yes.

> The 2nd group is labeled:
>     EliteMT -8Q
>       9941S
>     M32L1632512A   H2337-HA
> seems to be the FLASH?

Hmmm.... no, doesn't *look* like a Flash P/N

> Then there's something labeled CORONA V1.3 A9D0

Assuming "V1.3" to be a revision number, this is a
*possible* Flash candidate...

> The other 3 larger ones are an AnlogDevices AD1845JST (Soundport),
> an SCM STC-A-S02 (Cardreader?) and something labeled EE96AF LM4832M

Card reader?  Hmmmm... interesting...

The 4832 is a low power audio amp, digital volume and tone controls, etc.
(though I may be misremembering the part number... it seems likely given
the presence of a sound chip...)

> The labels on the small ones are difficult to read but if someone
> thinks it's necessary for getting more clues on the SunRay1's I'll
> try...

Naw, they are probably assorted "glue"