Subject: Re: New life for Sun Ray 1s
To: PORT-SPARC <Port-SPARC@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/16/2002 05:52:03
On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 18:30:18 -0700, Don Yuniskis wrote:

> In light of your comments towards the end of your message, can I
> ask *which* flash this particular code is executing out of?

The image I worked with clearly expects to be executed out of flash
memory (at pa 2000.0000).  I refereed to it as flash "simm" in my
in SunRay (hence my initial comment about soldering a socket instead).
Sorry for confusion.

> So, let me make sure I have this straight... the "ebus" flash is where
> the machine *starts* (after RESET)?  But, at some point it looks at
> the SIMM and (presumably if there is a valid checksum, etc.)
> it *executes* the code in the flash SIMM?

IIRC, microSPARC-IIep can boot from either - it's selectable.
Unfortunately I don't have the manual on my laptop so I'll check
details tomorrow.  As I said, the image I worked with wants to be in
flash memory (not flashprom at ebus).

SY, Uwe