Subject: Re: Miniroot boot problems
To: Andrew Basterfield <list@lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Ian Burrell <iburrell@znark.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/04/2002 14:08:06
Andrew Basterfield wrote:

> For a step by step guide to netbooting sparc please look here:
>
> http://www.lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk/sparc/netboot.html
>
> this is sun4c biased but this is exactly the same for sun4m

I tried netbooting and had problems with it as described in my other
message. I got netbooting to work with Debian and OpenBSD but NetBSD is
having trouble with my Sparc 10 accessing the root filesystem over NFS.
Is it possible to append the root ramdisk to the kernel image? Because
that seems to be what works with the other two OSes.

I am wondering why booting with the miniroot filesystem from a Debian
swap partition isn't working. Is there some incompatibility between how
Linux and BSD write the disklabel?

- Ian

--
iburrell@znark.com