Subject: Re: Netboot problems with Sparc 10
To: Volker Borchert <bt@csfps.de>
From: Ian Burrell <iburrell@znark.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/04/2002 12:13:24
Volker Borchert wrote:
> In message <20020603141431.A32415@stanfordalumni.org> you write:
>
> |> I am having trouble netbooting NetBSD on my Sparc 10. I am using a
> |> Linux machine for the server. I think I have the server correctly
> |> configured because the kernel boots but is unable to mount the root
> |> filesystem over NFS. The message it reports is:
> |>
> |> can't determine root device
> |> root device (default ledma0): le0
>
> Do
>
> 	setenv boot-device net-tpe
>
> on the ok prompt and get the fix from
>
> 	http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=15495

Using the 1.5.3_RC1 kernel fixed part of the problem. It now detects the
boot device properly. But it still prints the "lost carrier" message.

root on le0
nfs_boot: trying RARP (and RPC/bootparam)
le0: lost carrier on UTP port, switching to AUI port
le0: lost carrier on AUI port, switching to UTP port

  - Ian

--
iburrell@znark.com
http://www.znark.com/