Subject: Netboot problems with Sparc 10
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Burrell <iburrell@znark.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/03/2002 14:14:31
I am having trouble netbooting NetBSD on my Sparc 10. I am using a
Linux machine for the server. I think I have the server correctly
configured because the kernel boots but is unable to mount the root
filesystem over NFS. The message it reports is:

can't determine root device
root device (default ledma0): le0
dump device: le0
file system (default generic): nfs
root on le0 dumps on le0h
nfs_boot: trying RARP (and RPC/bootparam)
le0: lost carrier on UTP port, switching to AUI port
le0: lost carrier on AUI port, switching to UTP port

The lost carrier messages continue until reports an error and prompts
again. The link light on the hub goes out when it is reporting the
lost carrier messages. The strange thing is that I was able to network
boot NetBSD yesterday after entering the root device info above.

 - Ian

--
iburrell@stanfordalumni.org
http://www.znark.com/