Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Perl5 on JavaStation
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/02/2002 15:27:59
On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 05:15:56 +0200, KiDDiE.Ox wrote:

> Okay, I have recompiled the kernel with DEBUG. I left out DIAGNOSTIC
> because that crashes my machine on bootup for no reason that I can see
[...]

Why don't you quote the panic messages you get?  The fact that perl
triggers panic tells nothing.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/uwe/MRCOFFEE

is a trimmed down config that only lists relevant hardware.  You may
want to create a similar config for 1.5.2.  Leaving out unsupported
kbd/mouse, this machine has the following hardware:

mainbus0 at root
cpu0    at mainbus0
obio0   at mainbus0
iommu0  at mainbus0
sbus0   at iommu0
auxreg0 at obio0
clock0  at obio0
timer0  at obio0
com0    at obio0			# com port
ledma0	at sbus0 slot ? offset ?	# ethernet
le0	at ledma0
audiocs0 at sbus0 slot ? offset ?	# audio
audio0	at audiocs0
tcx0	at sbus0 slot ? offset ?	# video

NB: no zs, whatever its PROM claims!

You may also want to try 1.6 from releng.netbsd.org.

SY, Uwe