Subject: Re: closing bin/5863, accessing fd locks the machine
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Andrew Basterfield <list@lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/30/2002 00:54:16
--=.7RH,/2WLBPq2ei

On Thu, 30 May 2002 08:08:20 +0900
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It was the 1.3E age, I had a problem in sparc fd driver.
> When I access the fd with the floppy ejected, it locked.
>
> I use SPARC classic without fd model now, so I can't check
> if the problem is gone or still around.
>
> Someone please check this out?
>
> http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=5863

With NetBSD-1.5.2 in a SPARCstation 2 it hangs for a while but the machine
is still responsive to other processes and it times out after a few
seconds with an error. 'eject /dev/fd0a' with an empty drive behaves in
the same manner. Reasonable behavior I think.

--Andrew

--
sparc sun4c stuff:
	http://www.lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk/sparc