Subject: CVS assistance
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Hinojosa Rafael Alejandro <rhinojos@haverford.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/21/2002 17:39:06
So, I've decided on using CVS to updates.

I setup the 2 variables for anoncvs over ssh.

rhine# setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
rhine# echo $CVSROOT
anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
rhine# setenv CVS_RSH ssh
rhine# echo $CVS_RSH
ssh

I wanted to use CVS to update pkgsrc and possibly even get around to
updating my kernel.

rhine# cd pkgsrc
rhine# ls
CVS          cad          editors      licenses     parallel     textproc
Makefile     chat         emulators    mail         pkglocate    time
Packages.txt comms        finance      math         pkgtools     wm
README       converters   fonts        mbone        plan9        www
TODO         corba        games        meta-pkgs    print        x11
archivers    cross        graphics     misc         security
audio        databases    ham          mk           shells
benchmarks   devel        japanese     net          sysutils
biology      distfiles    lang         news         templates
rhine# cvs update -d -P
Secure connection to anoncvs.netbsd.org refused.
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)
rhine# pwd
/usr/pkgsrc

What gives?  I'm betting that I'm probably missing a step somewhere.

The OS is...

NetBSD rhine 1.5.1 NetBSD 1.5.1 (GENERIC) #0: Mon Jul  9 22:42:32 CST 2001
toor@proxima:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC sparc

I've been following the information listed in the Documentation section of
the netbsd website.

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html  &
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#using-anoncvs

Any help, or pointers in the right direction, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--raf

Rafael A. Hinojosa					     610 690 1312
Academic Computing Center			   rhinojos@haverford.edu
Haverford College