Subject: Re: alternative pointing devices...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/09/2002 22:35:28
Hi,

On 9 May 2002 at 12:05, Greg MATTHEWS wrote:
> anyone here know of alternative pointing devices for sparc and
> ultrasparc? any suppliers in the uk? online info?

there are some PS/2 adapters that pretend that any PS/2 device
like keyboards and mice can be used with sparcs. I have not
tested that too intensive, but a standard PC keyboard allowed
to issue some commands at the prompt and shut down the sparc
(SS5?) under solaris. However at about USD 150,-- it is about
the same price a new sun keyboard/mouse combination will cost
here.

See:"http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/"

HTH

mike