Subject: JavaStation update
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/08/2002 21:37:24
I put new JavaStation kernels (built from today's -current) to

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/uwe/

Krups now uses wscons, though the code is in its infancy.  Only one
wsscreen is provided and it's only attached when PROM console is on
screen/keyboard (yes, console attachment needs rethinking).

Mr.Coffee can now run stock Xsun!  Though you need to start the server
with -kb option to disable XKB (there's no XKB definition for
Type5/USA101 keyboard, but, OTOH, non-XKB code knows about that layout
and works).  This is done by kbd/ms drivers that attach to PS/2
keyboard/mouse but talk Sun firm events:

pckbc0 at obio0 slot 0 offset 0x300060 level 13: cnattach ok
kbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot): console input
ms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)

Keyboard driver also supplies console input stream the way current
sparc console code expects.

I had to rototill existing sun kbd/ms drivers to factor out the serial
(zs) "middle" layer.  Since this driver is used by all sun ports some
cross-port coordination will be needed before committing those changes
(I cannot easily test sparc64 and have no sun2 or sun3 around at all).
I'm not sure if we want that code for 1.6 or post 1.6.

PS: Note that Mr.Coffee kernel is for OFW machines (OBP 3.x) only.

SY, Uwe