Subject: Re: Breaker... Breaker...
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael J. Miller Jr. <mke@turbolift.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/03/2002 22:38:25
On Sat, 4 May 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:

I haven't got a lot of experience but the Dell's seem to work OK.

I agree though that the PC world has a LONG ways to go before it gets
into the realm of the traditional unix vendors.

We can thank Windows NT for a lot of this.  Hard to believe that the
people behind that OS had experience with server level OS's.  Leave's
them with no excuse in my mind.  All that GUI only stuff was an obvious
dead-end from a scalability POV.

--
Mike Miller             mke @ turbolift.com