Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/23/2002 14:52:12
[ On Tuesday, April 23, 2002 at 17:50:33 (+0200), Brad Knowles wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
>
> At 1:13 PM -0400 2002/04/22, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
> >  I would suggest that if you have good network connectivity to a
> >  not-too-busy anon-CVS server then you should just check out a complete
> >  tree from scratch using CVS only.
>
> 	That was one of the first things I tried, but it bombed -- Todd
> rightly pointed out that I wasn't getting a /usr/src/share directory,
> and this was keeping the build process from really getting started at
> all.

Unfortunately when you're using module aliases in the way we do with the
NetBSD repository it's critical to start from scratch any time a
checkout fails in the middle somewhere (unless you know exactly how to
verify its integrity and fill in any missing bits).  That's something
that really should be documented too I guess...

--
								Greg A. Woods