Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/19/2002 18:30:07
At 6:17 PM +0200 2002/04/19, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>  If I understood it properly you first got the 1.5 sources
>  (cvs co -r netsbd-1-5) and then did a cvs update to get current ?

	No, I left off the "-rnetbsd-1-5" part in all cases, so that I
was trying to download a complete copy of -CURRENT, even when I had
an empty /usr/src.  My understanding is that my problem stems from
the fact that doing even this doesn't pull down /usr/src/share, and
may miss some other things as well.

>  Yes, this doesn't work very well because of modules aliases that are
>  different. You can checkout 1.5 and then update 1.5, or checkout current
>  and then update current.

	I'm pretty sure that I wasn't mixing 1.5 with -CURRENT.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>