Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/19/2002 17:35:45
At 1:49 PM +0200 2002/04/19, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>  Hum, that shound't be the case here, there was not much anoncvs activity, and
>  I didn't put any restriction on the server.
>  Maybe you should remove your $HOME/.cvspass

	Looking at the contents of the .cvspass file, I see that I was
using the wrong URL on the French CVS mirror server.  I was using the
same path as on the Austrian and main NetBSD CVS servers (:/cvsroot),
instead of the site-specific path that is appropriate for the French
site (:/pub/NetBSD-CVS).  I think that was the real problem.

>  Well, I think you didn't extract enouth .tar.gz files. You should extract
>  *all* the files in /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/

	Ahh.  That I was not aware of.  I had only pulled down the
share.tar.gz tarball, and figured that I could pull down the rest of
the files via CVS.  So, after pulling down all the tarballs and
extracting them, do I then do a CVS update as opposed attempting to
pull down all files via CVS?

	Again, this is a step that doesn't seem to be discussed anywhere
in any of the documentation I've found.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>