Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/19/2002 10:45:27
At 9:37 PM -0400 2002/04/17, Todd Vierling wrote:

>                                                              Or did you
>  forget to get "share.tar.gz" from the tar_files before updating to the
>  latest sources?

	BTW, I don't recall this step being documented anywhere.  If it
is, can you point out to me where I missed it?

>  If so, it's possible that you never got "share", and a "cvs update" will not
>  resurrect it (because of a rather Magical way in which the CVS tree is
>  assembled).  You can either do a "cvs checkout" from scratch, or fetch
>  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/share.tar.gz and
>  extract that into your source directory.

	I followed your advice, and got the share.tar.gz file, which I
extracted under /usr/src.  I then got the very latest sources via CVS
(which was tough -- I still had the same problem with the German
site, the French site wouldn't let me log in, and I had a lot of
trouble getting logged into the Austrian site).  Anyway, I have now
begun the build.sh process, and I'll let you know how things go.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>