Subject: Re: nell0 (stp4020) and cvs kernel
From: Antonio Prioglio <a.prioglio@city.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/18/2002 01:22:54
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 3:18 PM +0100 2002/04/16, Antonio Prioglio wrote:
>
> >  a) build.sh -t
>
> 	I didn't see this discussed in the BUILDING document, but I
> assume that this is building the independent tools, right?
correct.

> >  b) /usr/tools/bin/nbmake-sparc cleandir
>
> 	From which directory did you run this?  In /usr/src?
correct again

> >  c) cvs -z5 update -PAd src
>
> 	I'm curious -- this would appear to be updating your sources,
> based on the latest from -CURRENT.  Wouldn't you want to do this
> before step A?
I'm afraid I had already done that before getting into trouble ...

> >  d) copied the BILL-THE-CAT config file into CLASSIC
> >  modified to enable DEBUG, nell, com/pcmcia.
>
> 	BILL-THE-CAT?  I presume that's some sort of kernel configuration
> file?  I'll have to find the kernel configuration files and see what
> they all look like.  Are there different kernel configuration files
> for each major type of SPARC machine -- i.e., should I expect to find
> one for SPARCstation/SPARCserver 4/5 boxes that is different from the
> one for SPARCstation/SPARCserver 20?
/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/conf
the ...CAT is a sun4m config ... besides a GENERIC there is only a KRUPS

> >  e) /usr/tools/bin/nbconfig CLASSIC
/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/conf

> >  f) /usr/tools/bin/nbmake-sparc depend
> >  g) /usr/tools/bin/nbmake-sparc
/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/CLASSIC
(the latest dir is generated by the nbconfig)

> 	I'm curious.  In which directories did you run these commands?

Hope this clarifies the previous steps.

--
Regards,
Antonio Prioglio [a.prioglio@cbtcentre.co.uk]