Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
To: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/17/2002 04:25:03
At 4:06 AM +0200 2002/04/17, Brad Knowles wrote:

>  	Hmm.  I may have had the wrong syntax.  Checking the man page
>  for mk.conf, it references an example mk.conf file in
>  /usr/pkgsrc/mk/mk.conf.example, which unfortunately does not
>  exist on this machine.  However, /usr/pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.mk does,
>  so following this example, I have now set the following in
>  /etc/mk.conf:
>
>  		USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN?=		YES

	Taking wild guesses, based on the errors previously reported
regarding src/tools/Makefile, I have modified my /etc/mk.conf
slightly:

		% cat /etc/mk.conf
		USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN?=     yes
		MKTOOLS?=               yes
		USETOOLS?=              yes

	This has produced a rather different set of results, although I'm
not sure I'm really any further along:

% ./build.sh -D /u/tmp/destdir
===> Bootstrapping nbmake
checking for gcc... cc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o

		[ ... deletia ... ]

cc  -O -DHAVE_SETENV=1 -DHAVE_STRDUP=1 -DHAVE_STRERROR=1
-DHAVE_STRFTIME=1 -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF=1  -DMAKE_BOOTSTRAP
-I/u/src/tools/make/../../usr.bin/make -c
/u/src/tools/make/../../usr.bin/make/lst.lib/lstSucc.c
cc  -O -o nbmake *.o
making /u/src/tools/obj
===> DESTDIR path: /u/tmp/destdir
===> TOOLDIR path:

ERROR: TOOLDIR '' invalid
*** BUILD ABORTED ***

	Looking again at /usr/src/BUILDING, I'm left wondering if I need
to somehow specify a tool directory, so I'm going to add
"TOOLDIR?=\t\t/u/tmp/tooldir" to the /etc/mk.conf and try again.
Hmm, this does seem to get a bit further, but still bombs out:

% ./build.sh -D /u/tmp/destdir
===> Bootstrapping nbmake
checking for gcc... cc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for regex.h... yes
checking for regfree in -lregex... no

		[ ... deletia ... ]

cc  -O -DHAVE_SETENV=1 -DHAVE_STRDUP=1 -DHAVE_STRERROR=1
-DHAVE_STRFTIME=1 -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF=1  -DMAKE_BOOTSTRAP
-I/u/src/tools/make/../../usr.bin/make -c
/u/src/tools/make/../../usr.bin/make/lst.lib/lstSucc.c
cc  -O -o nbmake *.o
===> DESTDIR path: /u/tmp/destdir
===> TOOLDIR path: /u/tmp/tooldir
Build started at: Wed Apr 17 04:22:19 CEST 2002
*** WARNING:  Building on MACHINE=sparc with USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN.
*** This platform is not yet verified to work with the new toolchain,
*** and may result in a failed build or corrupt binaries!
cleandir ===> tools
cleandir ===> tools/host-mkdep
rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core     config.cache config.log
config.status host-mkdep
cleandir ===> tools/.WAIT
cd: can't cd to /u/src/tools/.WAIT
*** Error code 2

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /u/src/tools
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /u/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /u/src

	Sigh.  I give up.  Anybody know if the current -REL version of
OpenBSD includes support for the SBus hme/qfe interface?

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>