Subject: Re: NetBSD and UPS ?
To: port-sparc@netbsd.org <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/11/2002 21:17:50
On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 04:52:05AM -0400, dejection@pop3.dial1.co.uk wrote:

> Any pointers to information regarding using a UPS (APC pref -
> model/manf. suggestions required) with NetBSD, especially with
> emphasis on the sparc platform would be gratefully recieved.  I hear
> nasty things about special serial cables and not working with some
> serial ports and things like that.  Call me paranoid, but I'd rather
> ask someone who has a working sparc configuration before
> experimenting.

pkgsrc/sysutils/ups-nut

http://www.exploits.org/nut/

I use a best data fortress 750 on my pmaxen with the above package -- I
assume it would also work fine with sparc.

I've been having troubles with timeouts with the current version in
pkgsrc, (older versions didn't have the same trouble,) and I assume that
it'll get fixed soon enough.  (pkgsrc lags a few versions back...)
worth looking into in any case...