Subject: NetBSD and UPS ?
To: port-sparc@netbsd.org <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: dejection@pop3.dial1.co.uk <dejection@pop3.dial1.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/11/2002 04:52:05
Hi,

Well worse came to the worst last night and I had a power outage at about 2AM, killing my home workstation's precious mon=
ths uptime (since the last power cut) and causing the hard disk in it to die miserably.  Fortunately I actually do backup=
s and have a spare hard disk lying around :)

Any pointers to information regarding using a UPS (APC pref - model/manf. suggestions required) with NetBSD, especially w=
ith emphasis on the sparc platform would be gratefully recieved.  I hear nasty things about special serial cables and not=
 working with some serial ports and things like that.  Call me paranoid, but I'd rather ask someone who has a working spa=
rc configuration before experimenting.

Thanks,

- Chris.

http://mail2web.com/ .