Subject: Re: mt(1) doesn't report file number?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/23/2002 19:26:06
On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 03:36:57PM -0800, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> temper, temper, all of you.

Yeah, I know... my fingers weren't saying things the way I was thinking
them.

Anyway, I hope you understand I wasn't trying to say "get rid of Matthew,
he's not doing it."

It was meant to be more like: "Let's help Matthew get it done."

> I was a tad miffed, but I really do mean "If soembody else has the time, go
> for it". Just tell me now so I don't start picking up the reins again and have
> it be wasted time.

I probably have the time, but I don't know anything about writing
tape drivers.  I don't have the equipment to help test the missing
hardware support.

As for the other stuff, I've got plenty of time to test things on my
DAT setup, but that's probably not any help.

It's too bad you have to be the only one to take care of this, since
if I recall you are also doing the tape driver for FreeBSD.  It just
makes sense to not depend completely on you.  This is as much for your
own sanity as the project itself... :)

Of course, some of us could start reading driver code...

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com