Subject: Re: mt(1) doesn't report file number?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/23/2002 12:18:10
On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 11:19:38PM -0600, Sean Berry wrote:

> Anyone who wants to volunteer time is more than welcome to.  If you can't
> find the time, don't hassle those who can't contribute the time.  Several
> contributors have been asked to take over projects after putting in
> exemplary work, but some help is better than none.

Read what I said: I'm not hassling anyone, but you certainly are.

I was trying to suggest ways to make up for his lack of time.  Of course
he does a good job, I never said any different.  He just doesn't have
the time.

What is wrong with talking about that?  We need changes to mt, he cannot
do it, so I said we should think about finding someone who has the time
and skills.

He probably could inspect the work done by people not as capable, if a
like-skilled person cannot be found.

> And support for things people would like seems to come from contributions
> or corporate sponsorship of projects.  Again, if you want to kick in,
> you're welcome to.  Otherwise, quit hassling those who are volunteering
> their unpaid time.

Follow your own rules and quit hassling me.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com