Subject: 501-1450 "SEC"
To: PORT-SPARC <Port-SPARC@NetBSD.org>
From: Don Yuniskis <auryn@GCI-Net.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/21/2002 15:20:02
Greetings!
    For the record, the DIP switch settings on a 501-1450 should be:
        1-8: Off    AUI
        1-8: On    BNC
http://www.sunstuff.org/hardware/partnumbers/501/1/4/5/0/ is quite
*wrong* about this!  (though sunsolve.sun.com got it right).

Note that the AUI port is technically active at all times.  As such,
if you want to use the BNC (10Base2) connector on the card, you
*should* unplug any MAU that may be attached to the AUI port.

The above facts verified by tracing foils out of desperation...  :-(

Now, for this commercial message....  :>

Does some kind soul have a spare one of these they would be willing
to part with?  I have managed to locate two and need one more to
get the third router here up and running...  (I am located in SW USA)

[your ad here]

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

Thx,
--don