Subject: Re: improving ssh performance on sun4m systems
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/15/2002 21:29:48
On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 05:38:21PM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:

> Yes, I know this.  However, my suggestion is in the scope of providing a
> speedup that is generic to all NetBSD/sparc users, without having to
> splinter off a whole separate binary distro of "NetBSD/sparcv8".

Right, and I agree.  I even said that this was a good idea.

I just thought that it would be nice to have a binary set built with -mv8
for those who want it and lack the horsepower to do so on their machines.

I hope it's all clear now.

In any case, I wouldn't even mind building /usr/pkgsrc with -mv8 to
upload, but I don't have the bandwidth to upload it, and no doubt someone
else has a machine much more powerful than mine.

Just bins and libs is about 28MB compressed, though I could remove the
things in /usr/libexec that were not rebuilt (gcc, etc), if anyone
needed an mv8 build of just that.

Actually, I wouldn't do that without first building proper sets, but it
would be about the same size in any case.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com