Subject: kernel with ipfilter doesn't work on sun4c
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Muto <muto@muto27.dyndns.info>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/15/2002 23:13:40
All newer kernels than the 1.5.2 GENERIC have the same problem on my SS2.
Although I have "pseudo-device   ipfilter" and "IPFILTER_LOG" in my kernel
config, ipfilter doesn't work with this kernel.(the Kernel-Field in 'ipf -V
' is blank and there are errors when adding filter rules). This happens with
GENERIC-compiled kernels, too. It's just like ipfilter wasn't compiled in.

Is there a general issue with ipfilter on a sun4c?
Strange is also, that the redirection in my current kernel(1.5.2 Gen.)
doesn't work at all.
Sample Setting(gnutella-port)
rdr ppp0 0/0 port 6346 -> 192.168.0.3 port 6346 tcp

Manuel Heinzmann