Subject: Re: Does anyone know what the maximum hard drive
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/15/2002 15:02:49
On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 12:08:38PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <E16lvff-0000Ip-00@chiark.greenend.org.uk>, Ben Harris writes:
> >>Those Macs had a single SCSI bus.  The oustide connector was just an
> >>external continuation of the whole thing.
>
> >Ahem.  On my 9600:
>
> Also on the 7500, at least.  The 7200 had one SCSI bus; the 7500 had two,
> and the internal one was fast.  I think that's also true of the 9500.

OK... :)

Is the second bus on the motherboard or a card?

I could have sworn that my 7500 at work (in 1998) had only a single
SCSI controller, and I remember adding SCSI to a few of them to get
another bus.  In my defense, it was a Mac-zealot's recommendation,
and I was running MacOS at the time.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com