Subject: Re: Does anyone know what the maximum hard drive
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/15/2002 12:12:55
On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 11:07:55AM -0500, Rafael Hinojosa wrote:

> > They are still on the same bus, just part of it is in the motherboard.
> >

> Are they really on the same bus?  Some of the Macintosh's are known to
> have 2 scsi buses, one external and one for internal drives.  I think
> these were the 8xx0 and the 9xx0.  If they are on the same bus, then that
> limits you to how many divices you can have connected.  You can always get
> an additional SBUS scsi controller to use inside.

Those Macs had a single SCSI bus.  The oustide connector was just an
external continuation of the whole thing.

On the Sun's, the two internal connectors are really just connectors
off a single, part of which is in the motherboard.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com