Subject: Re: Does anyone know what the maximum hard drive
To: gemorga2 <gemorga2@vt.edu>
From: Andrew Basterfield <list@lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/15/2002 01:36:58
My (pizzabox) SS2 came with 2x411Mb full-height Sun harddisks. The much
newer 2 gig & 4 gig half height drives that I have replaced them with run
a lot cooler than the Sun originals, they consume less power and have more
airspace around them because they are smaller, so I consider this an
improvement. I would agree, however, that the PSU on any sun4c is pretty
old and the less load you give it and the cooler the box runs the better
(I will be moving some disks out into 411s when I find some at the right
price).

-Andrew

--
sparc sun4c stuff : http://www.lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk/sparc
personal email    : bob at lostgeneration dot freeserve dot co dot uk