Subject: big drives on an SS5
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/04/2002 00:15:20
I'm shopping for more storage on my SS5 server machine.  It is currently
spinning 4 hard drives (two internal 9GB IBMs and 2 extern 4GB Seagates).

I want to add a whopper of a drive externally though.

Anyone have any experience with these machines and 18 or 36 GB drives?

Will I gain any benefit by using another SCSI controller for the new drives,
or will it really matter?

On a PC, the extra controller would help, but this machine is no speed demon
so I wasn't really sure.

The only document I could find mentioning a limit on hard drive size
said it was 4.5GB, which my 9GB drives obviously demonstrate is wrong.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com