Subject: external audio on sparc ipc
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Canto <ee9cc@bath.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/03/2002 22:44:57
Hi,

I'm a newbie to netbsd but determined to come up to speed some how!  I'm
playing with an old IPC but am struggling with the audio output.  I've got
the breakout cable fitted (offering mono input and output via 2x3.5mm jack
sockets) and am trying to use mpg123 to play my music.   Problem is that the
sound is coming out of the onboard speaker...  not out of the jack socket
:-(

I know it's only mono 8k sampling (so I'm not missing much!) but I'd still
like to get it going.  When the machine boots the first beep comes from the
internal speaker, then the second beep (which sounds at the same time as the
framebuffer fires up) comes out the jack socket, so I know the hardware's
being detected.

Do I need to do anything clever with netbsd to use these breakout
connections??  I'm running 1.5.2 with the generic kernel.  I've tried
using -o s, -o l and -o h along with -a /dev/audio and -a /dev/audio0 as
params for mpg123 but no luck.

Can't see anything in the faq's or from doing a quick search on google, so
any advice would be great.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Canto