Subject: Re: test net on SPARC 10
To: RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/02/2002 18:21:09
On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, RJ45 wrote:

> I can't make my network interface working...
> test net tells me:
>
> Internal AUI test -- succeeded
> External AUI test -- fail
>
> Internal TP test -- succeeded
> External TP test -- succeeded
>
> The network cable is rj45 attached to SPARC 10 TP port.
> But still the network can't work. Seems like the default network port is

Include:

# grep ^le /var/run/dmesg.boot

in your post

also try, "/sbin/ifconfig le0 media 10baseT/UTP up"

-lava

> AUI And not TP. Anyway I cannot see any AUI in the rear of my SPARC
> 10. There is a PROM command to enable UTP network port ?
> thanks
>
> Rick

later-
Brian

 ----

"Microsoft Windoze: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."