Subject: netboot on sparc 5
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.orgf>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/27/2002 17:19:20
When netbooting on a Sun SS5 with prom version 2.28, do you nave to
have NFS v2 to make it work?

I'm having a problem where the machine mounts the root on the boot
server, but then cannot find the kernel.  It times out with: open netbsd:
Unknown error: code 60.  This is after going through rarp, bootparams,
and the machine has actually done the NFS mount on the bootserver.

I've used this setup before, but I picked up on a message in the archives
where someone said to use NFS v2 instead of v3, but that seems odd.

If not, then I have something else to look at.

--

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com