Subject: Re: Sun console fonts
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/25/2002 22:55:35
The text area of a Sun Console (unless you use RASTERCONSOLE) is
1024x768 pixels; the font in question is a 12x22 font called "gallant".
It looks suspiciously almost like a monospaced palatino, and it's what
Sun used to have on all their equipment before the sun4m line was
released and they went italic. :).  It fits in 80x34

I think RASTERCONSOLE allows for a "fixed" font at 3x5 or 6x8.

If I get really bored and put a head back on my sun, I might do the
10-point sun-serif font for the console which would give probably 192x76
or something like that.