Subject: Re: SPARCstation SLC/ELC
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?David_Sieb=F6rger?= <drs@rucus.ru.ac.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/24/2002 22:35:58
On Sun 2002-02-24 (14:59), Andy Ball wrote:
> Come to think of it, I remember seeing black-on-white text a lot on
> Sun workstations.  With NetBSD can I choose a white-on- black
> console?

You can, by using RASTERCONSOLE and setting the RASTERCONSOLE_*COL
options.  From the GENERIC config:

## Use a faster console than the PROM's slow drawing routines.  Not needed
## for headless (no framebuffer) machines.
options         RASTERCONSOLE           # fast rasterop console
options         FONT_GALLANT12x22       # the console font
#options        FONT_BOLD8x16           # a somewhat smaller font
## default console colors: black-on-white; this can be changed
## using the following two options.
#options        RASTERCONSOLE_FGCOL=WSCOL_BLACK
#options        RASTERCONSOLE_BGCOL=WSCOL_WHITE

Also, you might find http://www.sunhelp.org/~mouse/ interesting
reading regarding the SLC and ELC.

--
David Siebörger