Subject: Re: SPARCstation SLC/ELC
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/24/2002 13:11:20
Hello Matt!

  M> I'd just buy a 10 on the cheap.. the RAM is generally cheaper
   > than 4/5 ram, and easier to get a hold of WORKING 10/20 ram than
   > sparc 2 or 1 30pin parity simm nonsense.. And you can put a hell
   > of a lot more in a 10.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had been looking only at the single-
processor SPARCstations. Although I can get hold of 30pin SIMMs easily
enough, DIMMs might be more convenient.  The SPARCstation 10 airflow
seems slightly odd though, and I'm guessing it might run hotter than
an older (more sedate ;-) single-processor machine.

Regards,
  - Andy Ball.