Subject: SPARCstation SLC/ELC
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/24/2002 04:54:38
Hello!

Well, I didn't get the SPARCstation 2 that I was after :-/  I'll
probably continue to keep my eyes open for a SPARCstation (1, 1+, 2,
4 or 5) though, since I have a few 'odd jobs' that they might be well
suited to.

I was reminded today of some Sun workstations where the logic board
lived inside the case of a 17" monochrome monitor.  I remember seeing
some of these years ago when I worked in CAD systems. I'm aware of the
SPARCstation SLC and ELC, perhaps there were more.

I currently spend way too much time at the keyboard, so would make
room on my desk for the comfort of a mono workstation.  I would be
interested in hearing about people's experiences with NetBSD on these,
as well as reliability reports or other tips.

Regards,
  - Andy Ball.