Subject: Sun HSI/S serial board
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/21/2002 19:39:05
I finally managed to get a document on my Sun HSI/S serial board.

It's not exactly what I thought.

It is a board with 4 high-speed serial ports, capable of 1.544Mbps or
2.048Mbps.  It is supposed to be used with a patch panel of 4 RS-449
connectors.

Does anyone know, if there is anyone who has done a NetBSD driver
for these?

I paid $10 for it in a junk sale, so I'm not worried about it if it's
just a pretty paperweight.  It also requires an external RS-449 to
RS-232 converter to use things like modems.

For now it's a curiosity, but if anyone knows anything interesting about
it let me know.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com