Subject: lpvi status :-(
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/17/2002 06:10:18
When I asked about lpvi cards here, I got some four or five responses
(and thank you - you know who you are).

Then, quite by chance, I happened to pick up an LX (which I didn't
previously have an example of) which not only had something calling
itself Trusted Solaris on it (as if I'd be likely to trust Solaris,
heh) but also had an lpvi/bpp card in it.

I hooked this machine-&-card up to my printer and it (mis)behaves much
the same way the other one did.  Perhaps my hardware wasn't broken
after all.  (And I was very careful not to risk zapping the card; I
don't _think_ I've even opened the machine.)

Does anyone happen to have a machine + lpvi + SPARCprinter that is
known to work (which probably means a Solaris install with SPARCprinter
support)?  Any such who could test-boot a kernel for me, maybe?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign