Subject: console: FB, colour, font size
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Behnert <abehn@gmx.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/17/2002 03:49:56
Hi,

Is there some tool like "fbset" or something similar to change the
framebuffer settings and to choose between screen resolutions (ok,
on my SS2 there's only one useful :) and different fonts? I read
http://www.de.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/faq.html#consoleopt but it
looks like as if there are no other choices than compiling a new
kernel.

(Two years ago I "reanimated" an old SS2 and since then Debian
Linux was running on the box. Last week for the first time in my
life I installed NetBSD but I really would like to change the
console layout, preferrably to something that looks like the
standard Linux FB console on sparc  :)

RTFMs are welcome  :)

Regards,
Andreas