Subject: fast serial ports
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/14/2002 22:32:01
Not long ago some people were talking about high speed serial ports
on the sparc sbus systems.  I think the Magma boards were mentioned.

This discussion seemed to have died, but I'm still highly interested in
the topic. For various reasons I have no plans to replace my Sun SS5 as
my main gateway, but I'm not happy with losing about 2K/sec in transfer
rate over my PPP link.

So, anyone else have more to day? I have a Sun HSI/S serial board but
there are no drivers for it that I know of.

I'd be willing to search for a Magma or other board if anyone has
one working.

Alternately, if anyone knows of a decent modem that supports 76800bps,
I'd like to know about it.

Thanks.

--
______________________/ armchairrocketscientistgraffitiexenstentialist